Friday, February 18, 2011

Productive relaxing

Tron Legacy is probably one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. It’s so awful that I’m able to write this entry as I watch the film. Though I would have to admit that the viewing experience was enhanced by the silhouette of a man getting up from and returning to his seat in the theater where the bootleg was taken. (Yes, we’re watching a pirated version of the film that some friends gave us.)


It was another low-key day, and I managed to play around with Photoshop Elements quite a bit. I’m feeling more comfortable with the program, although I still have a lot more to learn. Here are some examples of what I did:







We skyped with Richard, Debbie, and Isabelle. They are all doing well and it was fun to talk with them. 


Jean-Jacques was extremely kind and got us both lunch (fried noodles) and dinner (Sichuan noodles) today. I did laundry, dusted a bit, read some of Howard Zinn’s book A People’s History of the United States, lesson planned for a while, took a short nap, and studied Chinese on the website livemocha.com (if you want to learn a language, it's worth checking out). I throughly enjoyed the day, but I am looking forward to starting school again. I miss the students and teaching.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. Tron Legacy wasn't on my radar screen anyway, but not I'll be doubly certain to avoid it. Fun photos, especially the colors. In my next life I plan to get into photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the photos. I had fun playing with the colors.

    It's never too late to start photography. I'm sure Grandpa would love to help you if you decided to take the plunge.

    Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete